Payroll Software Training
Professional Sage Payroll Training Courses and Support
Platinum One Accountants provides bespoke Sage Payroll Training Courses. We work closely with clients to ensure Sage Payroll is tailored to the needs of the business. With our training you will save precious time and increase output – the results are simple; better performance, better productivity. It really makes the difference between working adequately and working effectively.
Sage Payroll Training Services:
Our Sage Payroll Training is designed to provide you with in-depth knowledge of the payroll software and its functionality. From basic principles like navigation through to completing Period End routine, be confident in running payroll in-house.
Sage Payroll takes care of all the complex and time consuming tasks involved in paying employees, accurately completing Year End returns and complying with all relevant government legislation. The simple, clear, user interface and helpful wizards guide you through each payroll process swiftly and simply. It takes just minutes to install Sage Payroll, and could save you hours every payday.
Sage Payroll Key Features:
- The Process Maps illustrates all the steps that makes up key processes – so you will always know what to do and how to complete a task. This makes it easier for you to get up and running and to ensure you never miss any stages in a task.
- You can automatically set up records for new employees that have the same payment types and rates as existing employees, to save time and reduce the risk of error.
- You can produce reports spanning multiple tax years, for greater planning capability. This new feature will help you to easily monitor trends and prepare budgets for future salary and resource requirements.
- The Dashboard provides an instant view of important company information, for example, absences and payments by month.
- If you are responsible for processing your company’s accounts and use Sage Line 50 to do so, this new feature will be a great help. Sage Line 50 can now be launched directly from within the Sage Payroll program, allowing you to deal with accounts queries while conducting payroll tasks.
- For your peace of mind, access to items within an employee record can now be restricted (e.g. salary details), to ensure sensitive information remains confidential.
- You can link Microsoft Excel directly to your Sage Payroll data, enabling key members of your company to access and analyse payroll information without having to use Sage Payroll themselves – great for those times when the Company Director or Manager asks to see payroll data.
- You can now store, view, modify and print a variety of documents relating to each employee, making your HR records easier to manage.
Payroll software will all the tools you need
Get in touch with our Training Team today – We’re here to help
Our Sage Payroll Training includes:
Setting up your Sage Payroll
Navigate confidently in Sage 50 Payroll.
Check the legislation settings in your software.
Configure your software to suit your company requirements.
Learn how to use password protection and how to restrict user access.
Set-up and amend employee record, payments and deductions .
Create basic Pension Schemes.
Understand Pay Elements Reports & Company Detail reports.
Set-up the nominal link to post salary journals to your accounts software.
Processing your Sage Payroll
Run a basic weekly or monthly payroll, Email appropriate payslips to employees.
Perform and submit Real Time Information (RTI) routines including: Full Payment Submission (FPS) & Employer Payment Summary (EPS).
Correct errors during processing using the Rollback and Restore functions.
Set up new starters and process leavers.
Complete Period End Routines including producing the P32.
Process electronic payments to employees directly from Sage Payroll.
Statutory Payments & Reports
Process statutory payments including: Statutory Sick Pay, Maternity Pay & Paternity Pay.
Calculate employee entitlement.
Understand how to allocate and process Attachment of Earnings.
Be able to create holiday schemes and record holidays.
Understand how to produce historical reports including payslips.
Understand when and how to submit the Employer Payment Summary (EPS).
Understand how to edit existing payslips to show in a different order and add email settings.
Be able create basic reports in the Report Designer tool.
Auto Enrolment for Employers
Understand the Pensions Module settings and the Automatic Enrolment features within the software.
Specify Qualifying and Pensionable earnings.
Create and configure different pension schemes.
Use the Pension Assessment feature to automatically categorise your workforce and assign pensions.
Send pension correspondence automatically to your workers.
Process opt-ins, joins and opt-out requests.
Understand postponement and learn how to apply it within the software.
Produce the output and input files for your Pension Provider.
Be familiar with reporting for pension providers.
Process pensions and carry out on-going assessments automatically.
Ongoing Sage Payroll Training and Support:
Our Sage Payroll Support Service will give you peace of mind by making sure you have got everything right. Perhaps you have implemented Sage Payroll already but unsure whether there are any more functions in Sage which could improve the performance of the business? Platinum One Training Services can help you to move onto Sage Payroll and support you through your Sage journey.
We can help you move your data from your current payroll software to Sage Payroll. We can support you with the data migration or complete the data migration for you. Platinum One Training Services can help make your switch as smooth as possible.